Chinese language and culture courses at the Confucius Institute.
The Confucius Institute for Innovation & Learning at Aalborg University offers free Chinese language and culture courses for all staff and students at AAU.
- Class 1A: Mondays, 16:30 – 18:30. Start: 10 September. End 5 November. In total 9 sessions.
- Class 1B: Tuesdays, 16:30 – 18:30. Start:11 September. End 6 November. In total 9 sessions.
- Class HSK 1A: Wednesdays, 16:30 – 18:30. Start: 12 September. End: 7 November. In total 9 sessions.
- Class HSK 1B: Thursdays, 16:30 – 18:30. Start: 13 September. End: 8 November. In total 9 sessions.
Chinese Beginners Plus:
This course is for those who have already taken the HSK 1 course last semester.
- Class 2: Mondays, 16:30 – 18:30. Start: 10 September. End 5 November. In total 9 sessions.
chinese character course (Beginner):
- Class ZI: Tuesdays, 16:30 – 18:30. Start: 11 September. End 6 November. In total 9 sessions.
Chinese upper intermediate or higher:
If you are interested in signing up for higher level, please contact email@example.com for a level placement test BEFORE 24 AUGUST. If there are more than 6 students, we will have an upper level class.
Minimum number of students per class is 6, while the upper limit per class is 22. We will open as many classes as the number of signed up students allow.
The courses are free of charge. However, students are required to buy textbooks (see below).
No textbooks are required for the Chinese beginner and beginner plus courses. However, students in the HSK classes (HSK 1A + HSK 1B) are required to buy the HSK textbooks. These can be bought at FACTUM Books AAU.
- HSK classes 1A and 1B: “HSK标准教程1” (HSK Standard Course 1 - Textbook), ISBN: 9787561937099.
At the end of the course, you may take part in an HSK exam (HSK: Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi). It is the only internationally recognized test for Chinese as a foreign language. For more information about HSK, please follow this link.
Completing the beginner’s course, you can expect to reach HSK level 1, while completing the intermediate level course will prepare you for HSK level 1 or HSK level 2.
By completing the HSK test, you have the opportunity to apply for participation in the Beijing Normal University Summer School in July 2019. For more information about the summer school, please visit the section "Study in China"
Taking the exam is obligatory if students wish to receive a certificate after completing the course.
How to sign up:
For students: please fill in the sign up form by clicking here. The deadline for registering is no later than FRIDAY, AUGUST 27th, AT NOON.
For staff: please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For detailed course descriptions, please click here for Chinese beginners and here for Chinese intermediate.